[LINK] Cisco says 90 per cent of email is spam

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Wed Dec 17 17:12:58 AEDT 2008

Scott Howard wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 9:43 PM, Bernard Robertson-Dunn
> <brd at iimetro.com.au>wrote:
>
>> Junk email referred to as spam accounts for nearly 200 billion messages
>> daily, approximately 90 per cent of email worldwide, according to a
>> Cisco Annual Security Report.
>

> The report itself is available at http://www.cisco.com/go/securityreport
>
> Despite the irony of having to give your email address to get it, I promise
> we won't spam you unless you ask us to :)

Another irony: it is the very machines and operating system that made
Mr Gates his $ BILLIONS that are now the source of most of the spam.

I guess it cost him nothing to make wry and inaccurate comments that
prematurely announced the death of spam. Cheaper than actually fixing
the problem.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air
and water that are doing it.
      -- Al Gore, Vice President