[LINK] Telstra's NBN bid rejected

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Fri Dec 19 13:01:14 AEDT 2008

Or those with self-managed super who never bought Telstra shares, like me.

Regardless of which, looking at the share slide since the announcement
makes me wonder about the IQ of the share analysts who previously had
Telstra as "buy". It's like this: they were apparently pricing-in a
Telstra win on the NBN, despite Telstra's own repeated demands for a
regulatory holiday it was never going to get.

So in what way can punters trust share analysts when they get things so
badly wrong?

RC