[LINK] ACT government budget consultation

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Sat Dec 20 12:22:54 AEDT 2008

There is an advert in the print edition of the Canberra Times where the
ACT Treasurer Ms Katy Gallaher invites people to submit ideas and
comment regarding the 2009-10 budget.

People are directed to
<http://www.treasury.act.gov.au/budgetconsultation/> which is to be
officially launched on 22 December.

At the moment the site just says "*The Budget Consultation website is
not yet active."

*The strange thing is that this Canberra Times print advert is the only
reference I can find to the web site. There is no mention of it on the
government or treasury home page, and if you do a search for "budget
consultation" it returns no results. Neither does a google news search.

I would have thought that an Internet based initiative would have been
promoted on the internet as well as in print.

It may just be that the full PR machine has not kicked in yet, time will
tell. The site is due to be active until 10 February 2009.

--

Regards
brd

Bernard Robertson-Dunn