[LINK] Fwd: MR 163/08: ACMA accepts enforceable undertaking from Oxygen8 Communications under the Spam Act [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Fri Dec 26 16:28:35 AEDT 2008

Antony Barry wrote:

>> The Australian Communications and Media Authority has accepted an
>> enforceable undertaking from Oxygen8 Communications, after
>> investigating complaints under the Spam Act 2003 that commercial
>> electronic messages in the form of SMS were sent by content
>> providers using Oxygen8 Communications’ technology platforms.
>> The full release can be found at: http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/
>> STANDARD/pc=PC_311584

Make that:

<http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_311584>

which lead me to all the enforceable undertakings here:

<http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_310869>

which lead me to this signed document:

<http://www.acma.gov.au/webwr/_assets/main/lib310480/dodo_aust_pl_s572b_enforceable_undertaking.pdf>

which provides for an undertaking from Dodo to comply with the
Do Not Call Register in Australia. Fair enough.

At the end of this document are reasonably hi-res reproductions
of the signatures of the following people:

* Director of Dodo (and witness thereof)

* ACMA delegate (and witness thereof)

I would be VERY concerned if my own signature were made available
on the web in this manner. Any other Linkers concerned about this?

cheers and top of the season to all of ya,
rickw