[LINK] Smart enough for the 2020 forum?

Sylvano info at gnomon.com.au
Mon Feb 4 16:23:57 AEDT 2008

Dear Linkers

I am under no illusion that Rudd and his steering committees will be calling me, but I figure at least one the more eminent members of Link must surely be judged sufficiently intelligent, experienced and well connected to qualify for inclusion in the 2020 forum.

I am interested to hear what others think of this kind of exercise, how Australia's info-tech future will benefit and whether they'd go if invited?

Of the ten areas touted for discussion, five at least look to have lines of inquiry that directly relate to IT, internet, electronic infrustructure, etc. And all ten certainly depend upon these areas indirectly in some way.

 http://www.pm.gov.au/news/releases/2008/media_release_00020.cfm

I can't help but whince when contemplating the conflation of the many goals in this press release, including the encouragement of ideas, the fostering of discussion and debate, developing policy, formulating strategies and identifying distinct technological implementation plans.

Oh... and just remember if you do go, you don't represent Link or any other organisation...

 regards
 ylvano

 http://www.gnomon.com.au/