[LINK] Smart enough for the 2020 forum?

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Mon Feb 4 17:41:50 AEDT 2008

On 04/02/2008, at 5:31 PM, Michael Still wrote:

> A worthwhile outcome would be for the government to "learn" who from
> these 1,000 people has actual expertise and opinions, and then
> construct
> longer-lived advisory panels from those people.

I agree, Mikal: very worthwhile - though the government does actually
do this already - but most likely in areas that you've either not
heard about, or in things that don't make the headlines.

We should probably draw the line between the public service, its
agents, and the politicians - it was the pollies that got out of touch
by ignoring advice from the departments that serve them: the process
of consultation lives on, but requires strong linkages between the
process and the pollies for it to be authentic and genuine.

(I only mention this because this is my bread-and-butter work, so I
see it almost daily)

iT
--
Ivan Trundle
http://itrundle.com ivan at itrundle.com
ph: +61 (0)418 244 259 fx: +61 (0)2 6286 8742
skype: callto://ivanovitchk