[LINK] Mix Tapes?

sylvano sylvano at gnomon.com.au
Thu Feb 7 00:07:20 AEDT 2008

I have friends that are always offering to cut the just-broadcast-episodes of
Doctor Who.... Of course I am always compelled to politely decline, reminding
them that the episode will be broadcast in Australia in only a few short
months on non-commercial television.

And then there is the email sharing of urls pointing to any number of sites
for image, mp3, mpeg4, or text1 content that I may or may not be interested
in consuming...

But that isn't physical I admit, and so doesn't qualify.

But the 1Gb thumb drive on the keyring that you pop into a friend's machine to
copy a mirror of their key content for offsite backup purposes probably does.

In Sydney at least I think, once you pass house price and renovation
discussions, content on the internet - in one form or another - is not an
uncommon conversation piece.

Sylvano

On Wednesday 06 February 2008 12:23, Brendan Scott wrote:
> There was once a culture of giving mix tapes of songs to friends.  Does
> this practice (ie giving or conditioning a physical object with content)
> continue at all or has it been overtaken/driven out by p2p?
>

> Brendan

 What next for computer games?
 http://www.gnomon.com.au/cgi/svy/survey.pl?sc=CompGames