[LINK] Google Apps Team Edition

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Sat Feb 9 02:38:20 AEDT 2008

stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:

> Google Apps edition bypasses the IT department

[SNIP]

> By Juan Carlos Perez, IDG News Service,  February 07, 2008
> <http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/02/07/Google-Apps-edition-bypasses-IT-
> department_1.html?source=NLC-DAILY&cgd=2008-02-07>

[SNIP]

> Team Edition contains the core communication and collaboration services
> and applications from other editions, such as the word processor, the
> spreadsheet, the Start page, Talk instant messaging, and the calendar, but
> not Gmail, which requires IT participation to re-route the company's e-
> mail flow.

Interconnected web-based security nightmare.
Just say "nyet"!

[SNIP]

> "It provides a quick way for workgroups to start collaborating," he said...

We've been collaborating for yonks, workgroups or no workgroups.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

Say what you will about the miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider
a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile.
     -- Howard W Campbell in Kurt Vonnegut Jr's "Mother Night"