[LINK] O/T: Australian Poetry Centre's Regional Festival

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Thu Feb 21 11:51:31 AEDT 2008

                    Media Release 15 February 2008

          AUSTRALIAN POETRY CENTRE ANNOUNCES THE INAUGURAL

   AUSTRALIAN POETRY CENTRE REGIONAL FESTIVAL: HARMONIC THREADS

                 ANZAC DAY WEEKEND 25 – 27 APRIL 2008

                              CASTLEMAINE

Four days of poetry readings, workshops, dialogues, discussions,
performances, films, music and food.

This is definitely one to put into the diary! The APC are proud to
announce that they are hosting an Australian Poetry Centre Regional
Festival, which they hope to make an annual festival that will tour the
regional centres of Australia.

".. there needs to be a national poetry festival that incorporates
Australian cities and regional areas. A meeting and conversation place
where people from all around Australia can gather with international
guests to discuss poetry."  (Teresa Bell, Director APC)

Key guest speakers include international poets:

Sam Hamill  (USA), Lorna Crozier (Canada), Peter Balakian (USA), Laksmi
Pamuntjak (Singapore)

There is an impressive line up of award-winning national poets including:

Robert Adamson (NSW) - Judith Beveridge (NSW) - Geoff Page (ACT) - Barry
Hill (VIC) - Anthony Lawrence (TAS) - Jaya Savige (QLD) - Patricia Sykes
(VIC) - John Foulcher (ACT) - Esther Ottaway (TAS) - Ross Gillett
(Regional VIC) - Lorraine McGuigan (Regional VIC) – Ross Donlon (Regional
VIC) -  Anne Gleeson (Regional VIC)-Tim Sinclair (SA) – Marcella Polain
(WA) – Jayne Fenton Keane (QLD)

The APC is a national body funded by Copyright Agency Ltd. It is a non
profit body with tax-deductible gift recipient status for donations, and
is a registered cultural organisation. The Patron is the actor, satirist
and writer, John Clarke.  Professor Chris Wallace-Crabbe is Chair of the
Board and the Deputy Chair is Dr Robyn Rowland AO, Honorary Fellow, School
of Culture and Communication, University of Melbourne. The APC has only
been operating for six months and already has a distinguished programme on
offer

<www.australianpoetrycentre.org.au> and <www.zestemag.wordpress.com>

Supported by the University of Melbourne, Mount Alexander Shire Council,
Canadian Embassy, Mount Alexander Sustainability Group Inc (we will be a
Carbon Neutral Festival), Macquarie Group Foundation LongLines Program
through Varuna Writers' House.

For more information please call the Australian Poetry Centre on 03 9527
4063 or email admin at australianpoetrycentre.org.au   Prices and more
information to follow soon.

Hi there,

Please find attached the media release for the Australian Poetry Centre’s
Regional Festival in April. We would appreciate if you would forward the
information to your members, mailing list or anyone you think might be
interested.

Kind regards,
Paul Kooperman
Administration Assistant
Australian Poetry Centre
PO Box 284 Balaclava 3183
V I C T O R I A +61 3 9527 4063
admin at australianpoetrycentre.org.au  www.australianpoetrycentre.org.au
The office is currently closed Thursdays & open on weekends by appointment.
--

Cheers, people
Stephen Loosley