[LINK] IEEE Call For Papers

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Sat Feb 23 15:27:22 AEDT 2008

This email, an IEEE Call For Papers, might assist world education muchly ..

About IEEE  <http://www.ieee.org>

"A non-profit organization, IEEE is the world's leading professional
association for the advancement of technology. IEEE's name was originally
an acronym for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers ...
Today, the organization's scope of interest has expanded into so many
related fields, that it is simply referred to by the letters I-E-E-E
(pronounced Eye-triple-E)."

> Date:    Fri, 22 Feb 2008 01:29:50 +0200
> From:    "Dr Demetrios Sampson" <sampson at ITI.GR>
> Subject: IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies (TLT)

IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies (TLT) <www.computer.org/tlt>

Call for Papers
---------------

The Web revolution, the popularity of on-line learning, and the broad
availability of computers in schools, colleges, universities, workplaces
and in other social settings has caused a qualitative change in the field
of learning technologies.

Both the variety and the complexity of e-learning tools have increased
dramatically over the last 10 years.

A number of new conferences emerged to provide a forum for researchers and
practitioners in the field of learning technologies to discuss their work.
Yet, there are very few journals, which embrace the field as a whole and
provide a space to publish archival quality papers.

The goal of IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies (TLT) is to bridge
this gap.

IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies will publish archival research
papers focused on all kinds of modern e-learning technologies ..

The new title will cover all advances in learning technologies, including
but not limited to the following topics:

* innovative online learning systems
* intelligent tutors
* educational software applications and games
* simulation systems for education and training
* collaborative learning tools
* devices and interfaces for learning
* interactive techniques for learning
* personalized and adaptive learning systems
* tools for formative and summative assessment
* ontologies for learning systems
* standards and web services that support learning
* authoring tools for learning materials
* computer support for peer tutoring
* learning via discovery, field, and lab work
* learning with mobile devices
* social learning techniques
* social networks and infrastructures for learning and knowledge sharing.
* creation and management of learning objects.

The IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies is slated to launch in 2008.

In order to best serve the community, TLT will be published online, using a
delayed open-access policy, under which paying subscribers and per-article
purchasers have access to newly published content, and then 12 months after
the publication of each issue, all readers will have access to the content,
free of charge.

'IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies' is seeking papers which either
describe original research, or offer a critical review of the state of the
art in a particular area.

The journal is now accepting submissions through "Manuscript Central",
(https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tlt-cs).

If you have any questions, please contact the Editor-in-Chief, Dr Wolfgang
Nejdl at (http://www.kbs.uni-hannover.de/~nejdl/) or the Associate Editor
in-Chief, Dr. Peter Brusilovsky (http://www.sis.pitt.edu/~peterb/)
--

Cheers people