[LINK] Little Carbon Neutral Linux Computers, Sydney, 29 February 2008

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Wed Feb 27 17:36:35 AEDT 2008

I will be demonstrating some little low power Linux computers at the
Sydney Linux Users Group (SLUG), in Sydney, 29 February 2008. Free
and all welcome: <http://www.slug.org.au/node/90>. By the end of 2008
I suggest these will be considered "normal" computers and current PCs
will be seen as cumbersome dinosaurs:

---
"A Watershed for the Networked Organisation

With trends for carbon neutral, thin client, wireless and open source
converging to signal a radical change in the use and distribution of
the desktop personal computer and the desktop phone, the CIO is being
presented with real challenges for transformation.

Low power, diskless and low cost advances are creating alternatives
and opportunities for the organisation to simplify their systems.
Some of the results from testing those alternatives with carbon
neutral thin client computers, handheld Linux systems and diskless
sub notebook computers will be included and discussed in this presentation.

If low power and portable networked systems are set to revolutionise
the organisation, the CIO needs to be ready.

Tom Worthington will demonstrate, exciting devices such as the Zonbu
Thin Client Computer and the Asus Eee PC."

My notes at: <http://www.tomw.net.au/technology/it/networked_organisation/>.

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                      http://www.tomw.net.au/
Adjunct Senior Lecturer, ANU