[LINK] Minister warned on porn filters

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Wed Jan 2 11:33:07 AEDT 2008

On 01/01/2008, at 11:09 PM, Jan Whitaker wrote:

> At 09:32 PM 1/01/2008, Ivan Trundle wrote:
>> fact that the first six letters of her e-mail address just happened
>> be 'virgin'.
>
> I'll bet Virgin airlines and anyone named Virginia or living in the
> state of Virginia are spitting chips over that one.

The subject came up in a Senate Estimates hearing on internet
filtering that I attended some years ago, and whilst it amused Brian
Harradine at the time, it merely proved to highlight the problems that
filtering had then, and still has now.

What didn't amuse me was that the thrust of the argument during the
hearing went like this: if you didn't use filtering, or advocate
filtering, then you're a pornographer, or worse.

Not much has changed.

iT