[LINK] Clarkson stung after bank prank

Adam Todd link at todd.inoz.com
Tue Jan 8 13:36:56 AEDT 2008

And when people ring you and say "Were from the national australia
bank we want your date of birth for security reasons as stated in the
Law" and yuo ask  what law and they say they can't tell me because of
the privacy act and you ask to speak to a supervisor who is about as
useful so you ask to speak to a manager and "no one else works here"
its about time to hang up :)

So watch out for the new scam where they RING you and ask you
personal questions, including your bank account number and other details.

It would be effortless to record these responses, edit them into a
suitable sequence and use them as a "voice proof" or authority to do
transactions.

Nup, not falling for it!