[LINK] Expert advise sought please...

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Thu Jan 17 10:36:10 AEDT 2008

How about you engrave (or etch) a serial number (if it doesn't have one
already) on various parts of the device.

The serial number could have a code embedded into it describing the device.

A separate (or multiple) database could then keep track of the full spec
and other information regarding the device. This could be loaded at
manufacture time and updated as required and necessary.

If you are not careful a high tech solution could have more problems
than the original problem.

--

Regards
brd