[LINK] Expert advise sought please...

Geoffrey Ramadan gramadan at umd.com.au
Fri Jan 18 23:57:49 AEDT 2008

Howard

FYI. RFID solution for parts tracking being developed by Boeing.

http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/articleview/3850/1/1/

"Boeing Approves Intelleflex Chip, Weighs Higher-Memory Fujitsu Tag
With the silicon needed for a 64-kilobit parts tag finally ready, the
company is getting closer to achieving its vision for a parts-tagged plane.

Jan. 14, 2008?Though dogged by delays, Boeing's initiative to employ
passive RFID tags to track the maintenance and repair history of parts
for its upcoming Dreamliner 787 family of airplanes may be ready for
takeoff by mid-2008, according to Ken Porad, program manager of the
automatic-identification program at Boeing Commercial Airplanes Group."

This technology  will not doubt have spin off into many other industries

Reg
Geoffrey Ramadan B.E.(Elec)
Chairman, Automatic Data Capture Association (www.adca.com.au)
and