[LINK] Re: Windows XP versus Vista

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Sun Jan 27 10:54:19 AEDT 2008

Johann Kruse wrote:

>> MSW is so insecure that just visiting a site can activate all sorts
>> of nasty stuff.   Downloading a package or opening an attachment can
>> install stuff unwarrantedly.  On a Mac, getting the same level of
>> compliancy from the OS is a lot harder.
>

> Sorry if I sound like a broken record (my previous emails), but you
> specifically mean Windows XP and older - Vista is the same as the Mac
> you describe.

Must be a new use of the word "same". The two systems of installation
protection are demonstably different, as I pointed out in my previous post.

Here is the Apple advert that parodies UAC.

http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/apple/getamac/apple-getamac-security_480x376.mov

And forgive me .... the virus ad:

http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/apple/getamac_ads1/viruses_480x376.mov

cheers