[LINK] WIMAX said to be operational in Yorke Peninsula

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Mon Jan 28 08:18:52 AEDT 2008

On 28/1/08 8:08 AM, "Roger Clarke" <Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au> wrote:
> Internode's WiMAX network on the Yorke Peninsula is delivering
> real-world wireless broadband speeds as fast as six megabits per
> second up to 30km from its base stations.

As someone greater than me once pointed out, the numbers "as fast as" and
"up to" also include the number zero.

That said, Internode has an excellent record of rolling up its sleeves and
building real, well-engineered networks, as opposed to announcing plans and
whinging at the government.

I should point out, though, that Yorke Peninsula is sparely populated and
flat as a pancake, so a relatively easy challenge for WiMax.

Stil

Disclosure: Being from South Australia originally, I'm bound to be biased
towards the local success story, plus I vaguely knew people connected with
the founding of Internode back when we connected to the Internet through
hand-rolled SLIP connections and 2400 baud modems.

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia