[LINK] Re: Windows XP versus Vista

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Mon Jan 28 13:04:39 AEDT 2008

stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:

> Where are all the malicious Zombies one gets instantly one goes online?
> Ahh .. after 10 years of use, I demand a share of bottom-feeding code!

I don't really know meself. I googled for "demonstration of windows activex
exploit" which turned up thousands of hits.

You may want to read up on this one:

http://www.edensoft.com/exploit.html

It demonstrates an activex exploit harmlessly by launching
calc.exe on your machine.

The link to the exploit demonstration page is here:

http://www.greymagic.com/security/advisories/gm001-ie/

I don't run Winders so I cannot test this. You may wish to try and
let the list know. The writeup mentions that it does work with
IE 5.5 on Win98.

cheers
rickw