[LINK] The iPhone marketing honey pot...

Sylvano sylvano at gnomon.com.au
Fri Jul 11 14:41:52 AEST 2008

Much more up front than RFID in tyres, when you think about it... ;-)

Sylvano

--
Gnomon Publishing
http://www.gnomon.com.au/

Media Release: 10 July, 2008

NEWS DIGITAL MEDIA LAUNCH IPHONE-OPTIMISED VERSIONSOF THEIR LEADING WEBSITES

News Digital Media today announced the launch of specially designed
versions of its websites for the Apple iPhone.

As well as being able to view News Digital Media’s entire portfolio of
websites, iPhone users can access iPhone optimised versions of:
- Leading news and information website, NEWS.com.au
- Local business directory, truelocal.com.au
- Music and entertainment ticketing website, moshtix.com.au

NEWS.com.au’s mobile site, Australia’s only personalised news and
information service, will for the first time be customisable on-device,
meaning that iPhone users will be able to choose the news content they
want to view on their handset.

Truelocal.com.au will have a Location Based Service function enabling
users to conduct on the spot searches for businesses within a specific
radius of where they are standing.

moshtix will be the only ticketing provider in Australia that sells
tickets via the iPhone and is the ticketing provider most compatible with
the iPhone demographic.

In addition to the optimised sites, iPhone users will be able to use the
‘Petrol Price Finder’ on the carsguide.com.au mobile site, which compares
petrol prices within a specific postcode.

News Digital Media’s product manager – mobile, Paz Saavedra, said
“designed specifically for the platform, these sites are fully iPhone
optimised and accessible on any iPhone.

“Users can get the latest breaking news, search for a local business, view
the latest music and concert information and search for the cheapest
petrol prices straight from their iPhone.

“The iPhone’s intuitive touch interface allows consumers to easily
navigate and interact with News Digital Media’s iPhone optimised sites and
use its range of new features and tools.

“While costs of data vary from carrier to carrier, we have ensured all our
mobile sites, including our iPhone optimised sites, are designed to be
content rich and data friendly - helping consumers better manage their
data costs.

“We believe the launch of the iPhone will change Australia’s mobile
landscape and redefine how people use their mobile phones. As such, we saw
it as imperative to develop News Digital Media’s presence on this
platform.”
To access News Digital Media’s sites on the iPhone, users simply need to
enter the standard site URLs into their iPhone web browser.

Source:
http://www.newsdigitalmedia.com.au/media-centre/news-digital-media-launch-i-phone-optimised-sites