[LINK] Green Vehicle Guide - Federal Government online tool

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Tue Jul 22 15:01:48 AEST 2008

Sylvano wrote:
> For linkers looking to buy a car ;-)

This has been around for a while. I used it to do a few sums a while back...

Toyota Prius	106 g/km
Honda Civic Hybrid	109 g/km
Fiat Punto 16V 90HP	116 g/km
Honda Jazz Gli	135 g/km
BMW LCI 120d E87 	162 g/km
Honda Civic VTi 	164 g/km
Toyota Corrolla	172-4 g/km
Holden AH Astra	177 g/km
Holden Commodore Belina	260 g/km
Toyota Landcruiser 100	380 g/km

also of interest....

Sources of CO2
(State and Territory Greenhouse Gas Inventories 2005)
Stationary Energy (Production of Electricity)	50%
Agriculture	16%
Transport Air,Road,Rail and Shipping	14%
Land Use(Includes Forestry and Reforestation)	6%
Fugitive Emissions, Industrial Processes, Waste	14%
Climate Change

Using The Greenhouse Accounting CRC's Tree Carbon Calculator

     * a Eucalptus Tree (Hardwood) with a 100cm Trunk has absorbed 1,182kg of CO2
     * a Pine Tree (softwood) with a 100cm Trunk has absorbed 787kg of CO

more at
<http://www.ramin.com.au/eco-sydney/carbon.shtml>

--
Marghanita da Cruz