[LINK] ICT Standards Australia now ISO

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sat Jun 14 09:08:23 AEST 2008

At 05:05 AM 14/06/2008, stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:
>Guidelines on the corporate governance of ICT developed by Standards
>Australia have been adopted as an international standard by the ISO
>(International Standards Organisation).

It's a pity the Australian Governments aren't following them. On ABC
morning radio yesterday there was a discussion of some IT project
that had been running for NINE years! The caller made the point that
if the govt followed the standards for governance sooooo much money
would be saved and that there had been at least 3 revolutions in IT
during the nine year period. I was only half listening, but I think
this was after Rob Hulls, Victoria's AG, had been possibly talking
about a new system for the Justice dept, but I may be wrong about that.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

Anonymous fame at last! - anon

Writing Lesson #54:
Learn to love revision. Think of it as polishing the silver for
guests. - JW, May, 2007