[LINK] FF 3. hits 14M downloads but security flaw discovered

Paul Bolger pbolger at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 17:53:14 AEST 2008

>> The history dropdown is now very verbose and it is much harder to find
>> a visited link. Each entry in the dropdown is several lines long and
>> contains fonts in multiple sizes and emphasis. In FF 2, the dropdown
>> list was a traditional single entry per line format.

You aren't the first to complain about this. There's an extension - oldbar

which makes it revert to the Firefox 2 version.

After upgrading a couple of machines to FF3 I found myself wishing
that there was a nice, 'one click', profile copier/merger. I know it's
all possible by copying the profile manually, but I often wish I could
occasionally merge all the bookmarks, extensions and other settings
from all the machines I use and then chop back to the stuff I really
find useful.