[LINK] Ars: 'US seizes domain name of Spanish company selling Cuba trips'

Stephen Edgar stephen at netweb.com.au
Tue Mar 11 14:58:34 AEDT 2008

Wikileaks are also not happy...

<snip>
Wikileaks calls for 'Internet death penality' over domain censorship by US registrar eNom.

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/WIKILEAKS.INFO_censored_by_eNom_and_Demand_Media

On the 28th of February, 2008 while everyone was paying attention to the WIKILEAKS.ORG censorship case, another Wikileaks domain, WIKILEAKS.INFO was unlawfully locked and seized. The domain name registrar at issue is the world's second largest, eNom, Inc of Bellevue, Washington with 8.6 million internet domains names under its "control".

The company is the same eNom, Inc. as cited in the March 4, 2007 edition of New York Times last week for censoring a Spanish travel company with flights to Cuba.
</snip>

Regards,

Stephen Edgar
Netweb Interactive
stephen at netweb.com.au

ps. I'll submit it to the list this time :P