[LINK] Net neutrality

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Fri May 2 23:42:20 AEST 2008

On 2/5/08 11:28 PM, "Fred Pilcher" <fpilcher at netspeed.com.au> wrote:
> I've had a request from a mate who's studying journalism asking whether
> the "net neutrality" issue has ever arisen in Australia and whether
> there's any related legislation. I'm stumped, but I know where to get
> the answer. :-)

Fred, as far as I can tell the political scene in Australia hasn't advanced
beyond getting the Internet to work *at all*, or deciding which technology
to use to deliver broadband beyond goat-track speeds to the bush, WiMax or
FTTN to some undefined node. Or protect the kiddies from teh pr0ns.

The idea that there might be different *kinds* of Internet traffic --
beyond pr0n and non-pr0n, that is -- is something that our political masters
have yet to comprehend.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia