[LINK] Tanner eyes web 2.0 tools

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Nov 5 09:38:43 AEDT 2008

At 08:53 AM 5/11/2008, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
>Mr Tanner said the Government not only had to adapt to a world moving
>online, but would have to do so at an ever-increasing pace. "As a huge
>creator and manager of information with an obligation to be open and
>transparent, we have little choice," he said.

Maybe if they do, the Age will start adding a comments ability on
their stories, too, and stop weeding out the letters to the editor,
which is a crap shoot as to whether they get 'published', even
electronically. Perhaps the new editor will take that on board. I
don't read the other papers, so this is a Fairfax issue.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

~Madeline L'Engle, writer

Writing Lesson #54:
Learn to love revision. Think of it as polishing the silver for
guests. - JW, May, 2007