[LINK] Model of Carbon Trading Missing ICT

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Nov 10 09:15:33 AEDT 2008

At 12:39 PM 4/11/2008, Richard Chirgwin wrote:
>Tom ... what's the source for the "more than aviation" statement?
>(Not that I necessarily disbelieve it, I just prefer data to be sourced!) ...

The ACS sponsored Australian ICT carbon emissions audit, found ICT
emissions to be 1.52% of the Australia total, as compared to civil
aviation at 0.97%
<http://acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=notice&temID=noticedetails&notID=774>.
Later UK and US studies came up with figures of about 2%.

Sorry I missed out the URL in the posting (it was in the version on
my Blog).:
<http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/2008/11/economic-model-of-carbon-trading.html>.

ps: Comments on my draft Green ICT course welcome. Latest blog
posting is about some Green IT books I found:
<http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/2008/11/e-learning-course-on-green-ict_09.html>.

Tom Worthington FACS HLM tom.worthington at tomw.net.au Ph: 0419 496150
Director, Tomw Communications Pty Ltd            ABN: 17 088 714 309
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617                      http://www.tomw.net.au/
Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Australian National University