[LINK] Telstra's at it again

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Fri Nov 28 16:22:45 AEDT 2008

At 12:06 PM Michael Skeggs mike at bystander.net wrote:
> I don't have the details, but I would expect the response from the
> other players to run to several hundred pages.
> Telstra's response? - a 13 page letter.
> I think it is fair to say they haven't responded in the spirit or the
> letter of the process.
> Regards,
> Michael Skeggs
It seems to me that we hold corporations to lower standards of behaviour
than individuals. If you or I acted the way Telstra has, we'd probably
be had up for demanding money with menaces (or something).

Meanwhile, back at the farm:
<http://www.itnews.com.au/News/90018,is-the-telstra-submission-a-joke.aspx>
> Broadband minister Stephen Conroy is talking tough that his government
> is ‘not going to be pushed around’ by Telstra on the issue of further
> concessions for the NBN build.
I wonder what would happen if the government announced that it will
legislate to force structural separation of Telstra, whether or not
Telstra is engaged to build the the NBN (I deliberately avoid using the
term "wins the contract", because they haven't bid)? Might make for more
flexibility on the "last mile", at least.

Watching Telstra throw its habitual tantrums would be highly amusing.

--
David Boxall | "Cheer up" they said.