[LINK] Australian ISPs offer US advice, smugness, on net neutrality

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Wed Oct 1 08:29:37 AEST 2008

The warezers are definitely getting unhappy, and clearly trying to influence
the media by claiming that bandwidth caps are a shortsighted play which will
hurt the internet in the long term  (remember that the type of bandwidth cap
most US ISPs are considering is of the order of 250 Gigs per month!)

http://gigaom.com/2008/09/30/gigaom-white-paper-the-facts-fiction-of-bandwidth-caps/is
a great read, if only for the comedy value.  I especially like the
presumption that the caps and relevant prices will remain the same for the
next 4 years...

  Scott.