[LINK] 'Net filters "required" for all Australians, no opt-out

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Fri Oct 17 12:50:06 AEDT 2008

Michael Meloni wrote:
> Just came across this on Whirlpool: NoCleanFeed.com might be blocked in
> NSW public schools (
> http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=967413&p=17#r332  )
>
> Here's a screen cap:
> http://www.somebodythinkofthechildren.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/nocleanfeed_blocked1.jpg
>
> Anyone inside the NSW school system able to confirm?

What you want them to do this publically on Link?

I wouldn't have any problem with filtering stuff for schools at the state or
even federal level or organisations for that matter.  Though I suspect the
filtering options may vary between education systems. There is a duty of care
and I wouldn't like to be in a teacher's shoes.

By the way a few years ago, I was told that the concern in schools seemed to be
about email and I would guess chat room conversations for girls and web
content/pornography for boys...

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz