[LINK] RFC: Moving on from Mac Eudora

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Wed Oct 22 14:42:10 AEDT 2008

Roger Clarke wrote:
[snip]

> I need to investigate Thunderbird, and maybe Powermail and Mailsmith.

I love thunderbird, currently stores all my emails back to the late
1990s and handles it with aplomb.  Great search facilities within it and
very flexible as a client application.

I am very happy with it, having grown up though netscape mail 2, 3 etc
after eudora in the mid 90s.

I looked at evolution on windows and mac and think its a great outlook
clone, but it seems to lack the flexibility of thunderbird, or maybe I
just dont know it so well.

I have used lightning in thunderbird for calendaring but due to my need
to synch to a palm I am now back to using the evolution calendar but I
lack the integration with email that lightning provides.

happy to talk offline if you want roger.

cheers
brenda
--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS, PCP
Director Oz Business Partners http://www.ozbusinesspartners.com/

Chairman Pearcey Foundation, SA Committee www.pearcey.org.au
Immediate Past Chairman ACS SA Branch www.acs.org.au/sa

*Produced by Ubuntu and Mozilla Thunderbird*