[LINK] Virtual Murder, Real Arrest

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Sat Oct 25 10:22:16 AEDT 2008

Taking the contrary position;
- the media's angle on this and similar stories is drivel.
- people are very stupid when they take the online game as equivalent
somehow to the offline life.
- however, getting into someone's computer is illegal. Regardless of
motive, should an individual's computer be less protected from intrusion
than a companies' or a government's?

If we consider the man's action as cyber-bullying, then it may be
considered a mitigating circumstance in consideration of sentence...

RC