[LINK] Copyright Infringement as Stealing: Pfft!

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Tue Oct 28 15:46:36 AEDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 07:09:24AM +1100, Stilgherrian wrote:
> In the case of what is called "identity theft", I never could
> understand what was wrong with the good old words "impersonation" and
> "impersonation with intent to commit fraud" and "fraud" and so on. You
> know, the actual words which accurately describe the crime being
> committed.

theft is far too soft a word anyway.

it should be "identity carjacking"(*), "copyright terrorism", "patent
rape", and "trademark genocide".

and so it shall be in some future upgrade to consensus reality from
corporate tv.

craig

(*) "hijacking" is also too weak. focus groups have revealed that
"carjacking" is scarier.

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>

BOFH excuse #394: Jupiter is aligned with Mars.