[LINK] No deal with Yahoo! re Zimbra and Australian non-profits

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Tue Oct 28 19:23:55 AEDT 2008

Darrell Burkey wrote:

> For a small admin fee paid to DonorTec most any non-profit organisation
> can obtain software/hardware from vendors participating in the project.
> It's highly likely that the organisations mentioned in this article are
> eligible for the DonorTec program so I would think they might end up
> with licenses costing them far less than the academic licenses they now
> have.
>
> Unless of course there is some factor I have totally missed or am not
> aware of which is certainly possible. But again, I'm not sure this
> article is actually a fair representation of the issue.

donortec has restrictions on number of software to be provided and there
are limitations as to the frequency of software to be 'sold' under this
scheme.

My dislike of this program is its insidious nature, of
corruption/conversion by reducing the barrier to entry to microsoft
products.

Still MS and Cisco aren't the first to do this sort of thing, the
Jesuits did it a long time ago and religious and fanatical groups
continue to do it today.

cheers
brenda

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS, PCP
Director Oz Business Partners http://www.ozbusinesspartners.com/

Chairman Pearcey Foundation, SA Committee www.pearcey.org.au
Immediate Past Chairman ACS SA Branch www.acs.org.au/sa

*Produced by Ubuntu and Mozilla Thunderbird*