[LINK] E-voting fears run high as election day looms

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Wed Oct 29 17:50:19 AEDT 2008

And what, again is the "problem" for which electronic voting is the
"solution"?

I know this has been said before, and I know I'm preaching to the
choir. But pen/pencil on paper, counted in front of witnesses, works
and provides an audit trail. It also delivers the result quickly
enough to avoid constitutional crises in all but the weirdest cases,
and if The Meedjuh needs a "result" before anyone else then they can
pay for their own exit polls and dial-a-pundits.

Apart from the cargo-cult "it's on a computer so it must be better"
lameness, what advantage is there AT ALL to electronic voting?

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia