[LINK] Even thieves don't want Vista

Brendan Scott brendansweb at optusnet.com.au
Mon Sep 1 16:55:32 AEST 2008

Ivan Trundle wrote:
> On 01/09/2008, at 2:41 PM, Richard Chirgwin wrote:

[]

> It still stuns me that many user resort to menus and drop-downs/pop-
> ups, and avoid learning (or making) keyboard shortcuts: even for
> obvious things such as copy/paste/cut/undo/save/print.

This is a good point.
I think it is something about the paradigm you learn.  That is, you learn the menu paradigm and then you don't have to learn what's in the menus, you just hunt them.  If you have to learn a short cut then you need to constantly remember it.

That said, I find the context sensitivity of toolbars in OpenOffice quite hateful.

Brendan