[LINK] Another phishing tale

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Fri Sep 5 16:12:04 AEST 2008

On 05/09/2008, at 3:57 PM, Kim Holburn wrote:

> Banks are in a quandary these days.  If they do want to send customers
> emails what do they do?  I suggested to them they could digitally sign
> their emails or they could use their own messaging system that you get
> when you log in to their web site (much as I hate web based messaging
> systems).

My bank insists that they never communicate passwords or bank details
via e-mail, and that all messaging takes place inside of the online
banking system.

Which is probably well and good, since the bank's online systems
manager sent me an e-mail just yesterday which was riddled with
repeated spelling mistakes ('appologies') and even typed the word
'commonwealth Bank' (yes, with the lower-case 'c'). If I wasn't
expecting the message, I would have looked long and hard at it before
deciding what to do next.

iT

--
Ivan Trundle
http://itrundle.com ivan at itrundle.com
ph: +61 (0)418 244 259 fx: +61 (0)2 6286 8742 skype: callto://ivanovitchk