[LINK] Telstra's Burgess has final spray

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Wed Sep 10 18:09:44 AEST 2008

The height of hubris. Note the headline. Nothing factual about it,
just a spruiker for Telstra before he bids adieu.
The Age

http://news.theage.com.au/business/telstra-structural-separation-ruled-out-20080910-4dp5.html

Telstra structural separation ruled out

September 10, 2008 - 5:54PM

Telstra's outgoing head of public policy and communications Phil
Burgess has ruled out any chance of the telecommunications giant
undergoing structural separation, describing the notion as "economic
moonshine".

"Let me just say flatly, it isn't going to happen, it's not something
that is in the cards," Dr Burgess told an Australia-Israel Chamber of
Commerce luncheon in Sydney on Wednesday.

"It's not going to happen because in the US we call it economic
moonshine, a kind of bogus whisky that the hillbillies drink. It's crazy.
[snip]

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

~Madeline L'Engle, writer

Writing Lesson #54:
Learn to love revision. Think of it as polishing the silver for
guests. - JW, May, 2007