[LINK] SMS - shortcomings in emergency services

Lea de Groot lealink at viking.org.au
Fri Sep 19 15:33:33 AEST 2008

On 19/09/2008, at 3:15 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> "I didn't get the SMS!" isn't always as uhm, believed, as you'd think.
> Proving the SMS network didn't transmit the message is also quite
> difficult.

A friend of mine tells the story of sitting in a management meeting
that was called to complain about his poor performance - apparently he
wasn't responding quickly enough to SMSed support requests.
As he sat there explaining that SMS wasn't a reliable protocol (to the
PHB's shocked disbelief) an SMS support request from 2 days before
that was specifically in the list of things they were complaining he
hadn't done arrived at his mobile sitting on the table.
The meeting didn't last much longer than that ;)

Lea
--
Lea de Groot
Brissie