[LINK] SMS - shortcomings in emergency services

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Fri Sep 19 16:04:28 AEST 2008

At 13:15 +0800 19/9/08, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>Calamaties aside, don't be on-call during Australia Day or NY when
>things break at work.
>"I didn't get the SMS!" isn't always as uhm, believed, as you'd think.
>Proving the SMS network didn't transmit the message is also quite
>difficult.

Surely anyone who sends an SMS, at all, and especially if they don't
follow it up, can't be all that concerned about whatever it was they
reported or asked!

--
Roger Clarke                  http://www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916

Visiting Professor in Info Science & Eng  Australian National University
Visiting Professor in the eCommerce Program      University of Hong Kong