[LINK] New opposition spokesperson for broadband

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Mon Sep 22 19:43:18 AEST 2008

At 02:25 PM 22/09/2008, Sylvano wrote:
> > Anyone have a clue what Minchin knows about technology or communications?
>
>He knows how to engage online forums, it seems....
>
>http://community.boredofstudies.org/member.php?s=e07e93e6110760b7ef61320ac61f1cf9&u=155429
>
>;-)

Do you reckon it's his son?
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=162020

Rudd Government to censor internet

<http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22989336-952,00.html>Onus
on providers to clean up web content

Quote:
AUSTRALIANS with internet connection could soon have their web
content automatically censored.
The restrictions are planned by the Federal Government to give
greater protection to children from online pornography and violent websites.
Under the plan, all internet service providers will have to provide a
"clean" feed to households and schools, free of pornography and other
"inappropriate" material.
Australians who want uncensored access to the web will have to
contact their internet service provider and "opt out" of the service.
Online civil libertarians yesterday warned the freedom of the
internet was at stake, while internet providers were concerned the
new measures could slow the internet in Australia to a crawl.
They said it was a measure usually associated with oppressive regimes
and was no alternative to proper parental monitoring.[...]

Welcome to the nanny state. At the very least it should be an opt in scheme.
============

Seems to me it was the Howard govt under Senator Dick who started
this game. I wonder if Dad knows what Junior's opinion is?
Then again, it may be [probably is] someone spoofing being him.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

~Madeline L'Engle, writer

Writing Lesson #54:
Learn to love revision. Think of it as polishing the silver for
guests. - JW, May, 2007