[LINK] more about open info access ...

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Apr 1 12:45:27 AEDT 2009

At 10:52 AM 1/04/2009, Anthony Hornby wrote:
>This is not going to go away by itself and requires
>a range of approaches and constant vigilance by everyone who wants
>change.

One of which might be the public funding agency:
1. getting a signed release at the beginning of the funding with
permission for the agency to take responsibility
2. providing the pro forma for the submitted reports from the
researcher for consistency
3. putting the submitted reports out in OA themselves for public access.

Contracted research may have to operate under a different regime. "He
who pays the piper calls the tune."

Discuss.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia