[LINK] Cognitive Autoheuristic Distributed Intelligence Entity is Turned On.

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Wed Apr 1 22:06:31 AEDT 2009

Chess will never be the same again....... Or is it still April 1 in the
US.......

http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/cadie/index.html

Quote/

Research group switches on world's first "artificial intelligence"
tasked-array system. For several years now a small research group has
been working on some challenging problems in the areas of neural
networking, natural language and autonomous problem-solving. Last fall
this group achieved a significant breakthrough: a powerful new technique
for solving reinforcement learning problems, resulting in the first
functional global-scale neuro-evolutionary learning cluster. Since then
progress has been rapid, and tonight we're pleased to announce that just
moments ago, the world's first Cognitive Autoheuristic
Distributed-Intelligence Entity (CADIE) was switched on and began
performing some initial functions. It's an exciting moment that we're
determined to build upon by coming to understand more fully what CADIE's
emergence might mean, for Google and for our users. So although CADIE
technology will be rolled out with the caution befitting any advance of
this magnitude, in the months to come users can expect to notice her
influence on various google.com properties. Earlier today, for instance,
CADIE deduced from a quick scan of the visual segment of the social web
a set of online design principles from which she derived this intriguing
homepage.

Cadie has her OWN blog - http://cadiesingularity.blogspot.com/ where she
(?) writes her initial impressions and composes music.