[LINK] Lenovo, Microsoft, Adobe win NSW schools contract

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Thu Apr 2 08:53:14 AEDT 2009

At 07:16 AM 2/04/2009, Stilgherrian wrote:
>If they start boasting about achievements, results or "outcomes", then
>it may be harder to prove. Or harder to achieve. Or take so long to
>achieve that the next government gets credit for it.
>
>No, much better to boast about money being spent.

Or better yet, how they managed to stretch a budget to get more bang
for the limited buck.

We need a new public metric that people can understand. I don't think
results/outcomes/achievements/quality are enough, sadly. That seems
to set up competition. But if government said we were able AVOID
spending money on expensive software and provide 1/3 more computers
as a result, I think the public would think they were pretty smart.
That is the sort of microeconomics that a regular person understands.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/