[LINK] NBN is FTTH

George Bray georgebray at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 12:23:52 AEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Tom Worthington
<Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au> wrote:

> However, developments with broadband technology,
> particularly wireless broadband, may make the
> system obsolete before it is built.

I don't buy this.  Technological progress is occurring in both
wireless and fibre realms.  And I would venture to suggest that
progress in expanding the capacity of glass will yield greater results
over time, i.e. a greater quantity of uncontended higher bandwidth
sessions over the specified media.

--
George Bray, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia.