[LINK] Broadband plan tipped to bring higher prices

Frank O'Connor foconnor at ozemail.com.au
Tue Apr 7 15:29:28 AEST 2009

That's what the ABC gets for quoting stockbroking analysts.

Honestly ... the imagination of plants, an inability to think beyond
this financial year and all the technical acumen of a block of soap
suds.

These are not people I would have been approaching for a comment.

My 2 cents worth ...

1. The CURRENT average speed is probably a lot higher than 1Mbs.

2. My speed oscillates between 9 and 15Mbs.

3. 100Mbs will probably be a conservative requirement when the NBN
has finally been built - 5 to 7 years down the track.

That said the fact that it contains elements of FTH rather than FTN
... which augers well for future expandability, and seems a tad more
forward thinking that the NBN that was originally tendered.

					Regards,