[LINK] Convergence/Internet/Audio/Radio/Information Communication/Wireless

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Thu Apr 16 10:25:09 AEST 2009

ABC Radio National is currently broadcasting an abridged version of
Barrack Obama's Audio Book - Dreams from my Father
<http://astore.amazon.com/ramincommunic-20/detail/0739321005>

The segment is broadcast at 10.40am and repeated at 8.40pm
- Mon-Friday - check your local Analog RN frequency here:
<http://www.abc.net.au/reception/freq/>

The presenter keeps mentioning copyright restrictions,
which only allow them to stream not podcast the segment here:
<http://www.abc.net.au/rn/firstperson/stories/2009/2505094.htm>

And related is this:
> Online Development grants are available to assist the development of innovative online technologies as a means of distributing digital community radio program content to audiences and other community radio stations.  Online network options include broadband and wireless internet (ie Wi-Fi, WiMAX) and the CRN satellite network data channel, or an expanded terrestrial and data delivery system.
<http://www.cbf.com.au/Content/templates/grants_cbonline_dev.asp?articleid=223&zoneid=60>

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz