[LINK] lowcost, vfast broadband

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Sun Apr 19 21:58:20 AEST 2009

maybe there's hope for us yet!

lpress writes "Symmetric, 100 Mbps service in Stockholm costs
$11/month. Conditions in every city are different, but part of the
explanation for the low cost is that the city owns a municipal fiber
network reaching every block. They lease network access to anyone who
would like to offer service. The ISPs, including incumbent telephone
and cable companies, compete on an equal footing."
http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/04/18/1739236&from=rss

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/