[LINK] Smartcard mooted for federal welfare payments

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Tue Apr 21 16:43:39 AEST 2009

The sad facts in this story are the ommissions.

The amount of domestic violence will increase dramtically with this card
and Pin numbers will be revealed under duress.

I urge the Government to include Biometrics as the SOLE source of card
actualisation.

Having implemented a similar card in Latin America, and having visited
Aboriginal missions, homesteads and stations in the outback for a number
of years, I consider I am a uniquely qualified lay observer (non-social
services trained) to comment as I have.

The card without Biometric activation will lead to an increased death
toll in the Northern Territory - UNLESS it is preceeded by months of
education of the indigenous male population.

Tom