[LINK] spam impact

Martin Barry marty at supine.com
Sun Apr 26 14:08:56 AEST 2009

$quoted_author = "Jan Whitaker" ;

> One reason for that proliferation is email servers that can be used
> anonymously, although Australia has closed its servers to unknown
> entities, said Peter Coroneos, chief of the Internet Industry
> Association. [Oh? How does that work? or is this an error by the writer?]

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Most spam these days is sent by compromised PCs via their ISPs outbound
relay (malware just looks for the setting made by popular email clients).

cheers
marty

--
<Beeth> Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already
        taken.

http://www.bash.org/?369