[LINK] World IT IQ Rating.

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Wed Apr 29 00:29:52 AEST 2009

Australia ranks number 26 on the worlds IT IQ scale.

We have a lot of fun at Perceptric. When one doesn't have to answer to a
board of directors, twenty thousand shareholders and the members of the
press, well, one can pretty much please themselves. What I have
discovered is that out of choice, comes excellence. After all - who else
but the idle beach bum has the time to calculate the meaning of life as
it pertains to the quality of each sunrise and sunset.

For those of us that cant sit on the beach to watch each and every solar
appearance and disappearance, there is Google - search sunrise - images.

Google search has become an integral part of our life. So much so that
Google holds the number one page rank
<http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/http:/www.google.com/firefox?client=firef
ox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official>  on Alexa globally.
29.97% of the worlds unique ip numbers that have been counted in use
spend 8.4 minutes per day viewing 7.59 search page results.

And most educators would tell you that the search for knowledge is an
active and relevant indicator of IQ potential
<http://www.abdn.ac.uk/%7Epsy086/dept/pdfs/BJCP_1990_%20WAIS_Versus_WAIS
R.pdf> .

The one focus that the current American financial crisis (yes it's
American - it doesn't really have anything to do with us Australians,)
has brought to light - is that for a financial recovery to be effective
- we must look at planting our seeds in the most fertile field.

And according to a recent idle pastime - I discovered that the most
fertile field is in Qatar followed by Bahrain (nope - you're on the
wrong track) followed by Slovenia, then Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates
then Ireland and then Oman.

Yes, some of those countries have the oil. Yes, those are the countries
that I have previously identified as being the world biggest P2P IFS
down-loaders.

But they also, according to a new statistic the most knowledge thirsty
bunch in the world. Those are the countries that carry out the most
accesses to Google per capita of population.

Chart Here
-->http://www.perceptric.com/blog/_archives/2009/4/28/4167072.html

Enjoy - Tom